GPS or Global Positioning System is a tracking system based on satellites. It was originally made for providing help to soldiers who were lost in the battlefields. Now it is being used by nearly everyone for a variety of purposes as a safety measure to locate the whereabouts of a person or a vehicle or any other object to which it is attached may be a phone, a pet or even an elderly person whose shoes may have been fixed with a GPS.
GPS is very beneficial for delivery companies to check the whereabouts of their delivery trucks and for the customers to track the status of their orders.
Not only this, a GPS Vehicle Tracker is very important for Home Delivery Services.:
- The home delivery boys have a target to meet, much of their CR or confidential report is dependent on the targets met by them and within a stipulated time.
- As they have a target to meet the home delivery boys and they are constantly in a hurry to reach their destinations so they are susceptible to fast and careless driving. This may lead to accidents. If their vehicle has a GPS, then help can be sent to them immediately.
- Fast and negligent driving by home delivery courier services may result in the breaking of traffic rules. If they have a GPS Vehicle Tracker, then the owner can track them and either pull them out of police trouble or take the goods from him and assign it to other boys.
- If it starts getting late for us to receive our home delivery goods, then we can track the position of the delivery vehicle and reassure ourselves.
- Sometimes due to some unforeseen circumstances, we may have to leave home before the delivery date of the product so we can track the progress of the delivery service and either wait for them to come earlier (if they are near about) or inform them and ask them to postpone the delivery to some other date.
The importance of GPS in vehicles is increasing day by day and home delivery services are a big example of this. The GPS plays an important part not only for the clients to track the arrival of their goods but also for the merchant and the service provider to track the progress of the journey of their merchandise.
Tramigo GPS Trackers are available in the Philippines through L.A. Car Accessories in 3 different cities namely: Manila, Cebu City and Davao City. Visit www.tramigogps.com for more information.